Monday, January 16, 2012

Dream from January 9

I woke up early and decided to go into work. But when I cast off, I forgot to raise the seat on my bike. 

Turning around in the dark morning, I went into the storefront and up the stairs to my home.

Someone was moving out, and had layered the stairs with cardboard boxes. A woman walked down on boxes with bags. I pulled up my bike and got out of her way. She did not apologize, in fact she said nothing. 

Lifting my bike, I walked up the stairs of boxes to my apartment. The numbers went down as I went up.

Passing the moving apartment, the door was open and inside was alive with activity. Two toddlers were running around the halls and being loud, no one was paying attention to them. I had to be careful not to hurt them. Again, no one said they were sorry. 

Inside my carpeted, windowless bedroom in the small stuffy apartment, I started looking for the wrench I needed to fix my bike. Then I got distracted.

I had to pee, but didn't want to go to use the communal washroom because of all the people moving. I grabbed a glass and started to go. Then another. It kept coming and I couldn't stop it, so grabbed an empty champagne bottle that had a crack in it. I couldn't get the top off with one hand so frantically tried to pee into the crack opening, but most ended up on the floor.

I was mesmerized by all my urine expanding into the carpet, and thought immediately of the tsunami in Japan.  I woke up and went to the toilet right away.


No comments:

Post a Comment