Sunday, February 26, 2012

Dream from February 26


The highways were being sewn together, a massive machine paving the median to create a giant one way highway. "Adding two additional lanes." They said. To help expedite the migration and to save as many lives as possible. 

We were all being asked to leave, and everyone seems to accept this willingly, as if they knew this eviction was coming. 

I returned to my room to gather some belongings. Looking around at my things, I didn't want to leave, and was distressed and angry. 

My sister came in with the dog, they had been living on the street for some time getting used to it. "He's adjusting very well." My sister said. "He'll be a good help." I knew she was referring to the long journey ahead of us.

I looked out the widow to see masses of refugees leaving town. I knew this would happen, but it was still so upsetting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment