Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dream from March 13


A hot summer day came and went, the pools in the park were flowing. Paths with stairs connected to larger pools and all ran with fresh aqua coloured coolness. I chased fish up out of the hockey rink flooded waste deep, and noticed my friends sun bathing up on the side. My house was not far away. 

Sydney swam with me, my new greyhound. He loved the water. 

Soon, I noticed a swimming snake slithering through the clear water. I grabbed at it, just behind the head so not to be bitten, and lifted it out of the pool. 

Syd had gotten up on the side as well, and the snake rattled it's tail aggressively at him. 

I pulled my dog back into the water and realized he had been cut and the skin was loose revealing internal bleeding. I cradled Sydney in the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment