Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dream from March 28


I left work on my bike and met Abby, Ava and Paula in a bar two doors over. They had brought their computers and set up their desks in the pub. I needed a break but these women had brought their work with them, Ava even answering phones patched in from the office. Still, I thought it was smart of them to drink while doing so. 

Later, I had to leave Brent at the hospital. He needed more time to finish because he worked there as an entertainer for the sick. Nick was there too, we kissed on the cheek in the French tradition and then I French kissed him on the third. 

We drove away together onto the Montreal highway, and I drove fast. I realized that I was technically on a break and had to get back to work, my boss was waiting for me in Toronto. 

Trying to find the right exit, I turned and drove through a doorway that led to an abandoned stairwell of a high-rise. The car was too wide, and began to be scratched and dented by the narrow, concrete, upward stair-climb. More so as I tried to round the corners. 

Eventually we became stuck and I was angry to have wrecked my sisters car. I got out, reached for a brick and threw it as hard as I could against a window suspecting the breaking glass would satisfy me. Instead, the brick shattered into a million pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment