Thursday, February 17, 2011

I decided to save myself

Hosting a party at Adam's parent's place in Mexico city I went outside to see what the commotion was. Erin Williams was in the driveway with Matt Ross, talking about the new cars and the exit strategy. I was given a set of keys as well as instructions on how to operate such devices. Erin opened the hatchback to reveal two medal suitcases, black. I was told they were the new Volkswagen golfs and that my key would unlock this car to it's full size.

Rebels drove by quite rapidly and stormed a millionaires house down the way. I knew there was a revolution happening in Mexico but thought the fighting would stay in the south. I was wrong, and now we were all going to be killed because we were white, and rich.

I ran into the house to warn people, but instead I decided to save myself. I cut through the house to the backyard, cut through Judy's garden. She had just started her spring flowers. Down the path to my secret hiding place, I could hear the guns going off behind me. I bent down and crawled on my stomach through the mud. I passed my old Rogers bill clearly soaked in the rain. I knew that if I could just make it to my hiding hole I would be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment