Friday, December 3, 2010

"Cherries on the mocha?!"

Working at Starbucks, I was trying to take an order for an older man, well dressed. He wanted a chocolate mocha for his kid and an americano for himself. The way this man explained these drinks confused me. I was unable to mark his cup properly for the barrista and started to get frustrated. "I don't know how they do it at my store but they make it special for me." Was I supposed to be a mind reader? I asked him many questions about his order and began to sweat. The line was getting longer. Finally I discovered that he wanted his americano extra extra extra EXTRA long and marked the cup accordingly. The man smiled at me in a gay way. Just as I thought I could move on from the unending ambiguity of something so trivial, the barrista asked "cherries on the mocha?!" and I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment