Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Office party stand in

I was called to do an important task and I showed up with Brent. When we got there, he noticed a handsome man and went for him.

At this office party I was asked to stand in and read lines for an actor who was missing. The script was terrible but it was imperative that they continue their rehearsal.

After it was over, I thanked the woman in charge, it was Whoopi Goldberg. I told her and her entourage any time they needed help to give me a call, seriously. She filled up my small glass with more hard liquor and I drank it. The office was lined by floor to ceiling windows, outside it was wet, and ever green. I was happy to be there.

I turned away from them, carrying my empty plate and sipping my booze. I headed back down the hall to the other end of the office. The party was finishing up, the space was clearing out and there were small messes on the tables. I walked past a door and Brent came out, he took off his pants. He said he wanted to appear more comfortable in front of the handsome man. I continued past and found my friends.

Happy and a little drunk, I finished my drink and dropped my dirty dishes in a pile with others in front of the handsome man. I didn't want him to think I noticed him even though I did. I circled and confessed to Matt and Mark that I was pretty drunk. Matt was changing at a locker, Mark was reading a small paper program. When I asked him how it was he said he could tell Shirley didn't write it, that Jane must have written it before. Then I started to read Jane's poem and tears woke me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment